What You Need To Know About Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts contain a lot of healthy fats and it is one of the reasons why it is good for you. It is nutritious and a lot of studies have found out that it can help with weight loss, as well as decrease the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
Macadamia nuts are seeds of a native plant to Northeastern New South Wales and Central and South-Eastern Queensland in Australia. The seeds are found in a hard-shelled nut produced by a tropical evergreen tree. Macadamia nuts are also known as a Bush nut, Bauple nut, Maroochi nut, and Queensland nut.
Macadamia nuts are one of the major commercial crops in Hawaii since it was brought to Hawaii in 1881 by William Helbert Purvis. Check out below for some of the amazing benefits of macadamia nuts.
1. Provide brain function support – Macadamia nuts are composed of 72-75% fat. These fats are good for the body and are also known as healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Palmitoleic acid, one of the fatty acids found in macadamia nuts can help improve your brain function.
It is an omega-7 fatty acid – an extremely rare and healthy fatty acid. Palmitoleic acid is one of the components of myelin, which is a protective coating found in neurons. By regularly consuming macadamia nuts, you can help protect your brain, which results in preventing neurological degenerative diseases and mental disorders.
Macadamia nuts also contain thiamine and copper, both of which are known for providing brain support. Copper helps absorb iron, which helps direct more oxygen to the brain. Thiamine, on the other hand, is responsible for converting carbohydrates into energy. This is quite useful because it will provide your brain with all the energy it needs to function properly.
2. Contains a lot of antioxidants – Macadamia nuts are not just delicious, but these also contain antioxidants such as flavonoids and tocotrienols which help fight cancer cells in the body. Tocotrienols are a form of Vitamin E which have anti-cancer properties. Flavonoids are also an antioxidant that is known to prevent cancer because it works in destroying the harmful free radicals floating in the body.
3. Promote cardiovascular health – Macadamia nuts are known as a healthy snack because regular consumption can help decrease the risk of acquiring cardiovascular disease. The monounsaturated fatty acids that are commonly found in macadamia nuts are quite beneficial to the cardiovascular system. Palmitoleic acid also promotes and protects your heart. Oleic acid is effective in maintaining blood pressure and minimizes the risk of getting a stroke. Macadamia nuts contain Vitamin E and also helps balance the bad cholesterol in the body while protecting you from getting cardiovascular diseases.
4. Promote skin health – Macadamia nuts contain fatty acids like palmitoleic acid that helps promote skin, hair, and nail health. Palmitoleic acid works by fighting against oxidative damage which is the common culprit of skin aging. It also helps maintain skin health by encouraging skin cell development. Some research done on macadamia nuts also shows that it can help with the body’s production of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that promote skin health and prevent the early appearance of wrinkles.
5. Help prevent inflammation – Macadamia nuts help prevent the occurrence of inflammation in the different parts of the body. It contains magnesium, which is a mineral that promotes teeth and bone health, blood clotting, and sleep regulation. Magnesium deficiency causes chronic inflammation.
If you are searching for a company that offers salted and natural macadamia nuts, make sure to check out Dr. Paulo’s Kona Coffee and Macadamia Nut Farms. You can check out our products here. You can also send us a message by filling up this contact form.
Do you like macadamia nuts? If you are searching for a reliable company that offers macadamia nuts, Dr. Paulo’s Kona Coffee and Macadamia Nut Farms offers salted and natural macadamia nuts. If you have any questions, comments, inquiries, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can also make orders by calling or texting us at 808-333-1959 or you can also call us at 800-873-6693. You can also send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] We are located at 83-5650 Rock Bottom Rd Captain Cook, HI 96704. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!